Guided by Davidson’s primary purpose “to assist students in developing humane instincts and disciplined and creative minds for lives of leadership and service” we strive to include digital spaces in these endeavors. In what ways can technology be leveraged for active learning, working outside of classroom walls, creating authentic assignments, and building student agency?
The Digital Learning Team collaborates with faculty on the use, development, and evaluation of a wide range of teaching and learning technologies. We are available to assist in the design of assignments, projects, or courses that involve digital tools and spaces. You may have an idea for a project or assignment that uses story mapping, timelines, podcasts, video, infographics, social media, or you would like to develop an online course space.
Team Goals 2021-2022:
- In collaboration with other library teams and relevant Davidson departments, develop and deliver programming to build digital agility for all students.
- Develop and implement a train the trainer series for media consultants around identified digital competencies.
- Elevate awareness of Digital Scholarship and resources at Davidson.
- Lead the development of ethical metadata curation in Digital Scholarship.
- Reflect, write, and openly share about how we are integrating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into our work.